COVER provides all stakeholders in the financial services industry the opportunity to showcase their corporate profile, products and services and promote their brand in a high-quality, widely-respected publication. Please feel free to contact our offices for further information and tailor-made opportunities in brand building.
- COVER is an industry publication (since 1987) focusing on the financial services industry, specifically Long- and Short-term Insurance, Reinsurance, Investments, Healthcare, Retirement and Risk Management.
- COVER understands the industry and is respected as the ‘authoritative’ publication in the South African financial services industry.
- COVER’s Editor has extensive insurance industry experience and is well-known in the industry having spent 13 years in senior and executive management positions in the industry, has a legal qualification and an MBA, obtained the Post-Graduate Certificate in Financial Planning and is a Certified Financial Planner (CFP).
- COVER publishes industry information ranging from legal/technical, company profiles, personal profiles, research on various issues, opinions and general news.
- We pride ourselves on the fact that we publish only quality articles, mostly written specifically for us or by us. We do not publish advertorials, unless clearly marked and paid for. Our independence from the industry, intermediaries and regulators is the foundation of our reputation.
- COVER has an editorial board comprising 12 senior members of the financial services industry (from GM to MD level), ensuring the quality of content as well as the independence and objectivity of the publication.
We have 4 300 subscribers and, based on past surveys, approximately 20 000 readers. COVER is frequently read more than once and often kept for reference purposes. The average shelf life of an issue is three months.
- The magazine is read by 17 000 insurance and investment industry participants (14 000 intermediaries).
- 15% of our readers are from the banking environment, general industry and regulators.
- Most insurance company executives and industry leaders, as well as many leaders from the investment, banking and other related industries, read COVER on a monthly basis
- Most of our readers are currently in the A income group.
- COVER is also distributed to insurance companies and brokerages in seven other African countries and several international companies.
Every issue of COVER aims to be relevant regarding the events and issues that are current in the industry. Editorial content is balanced in every issue to represent all areas of the industry.
We have a few specific focus months during the year:
Important Notice: The above may vary depending on important events in the industry on a monthly basis.
ADVERTISING RATE CARD 2013
* Prices are an indication only and may be subject to change.
*All prices exclude VAT and include agency commission
* Specified insert positions carry a 20% surcharge
COVER has in-house designing capability and can assist in designing advertising material and brochures at competitive prices.
ADVERT SPECIFICATIONS (hxw)
- Colour CD & proof can be delivered to 7 Susan Street, Strijdom Park, Randburg
- Press optimised PDF can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Brand Building Opportunities – Talk to us
- Bellyband insertion – R14 500 – ex vat & printing , incl agency commission
- Bagging – A printed envelope is branded and used for mailing the publication to the subscribers.
- Bookmarks and other inserts – R6 800 - ex vat & printing , incl agency commission
- Inserts – R10 200 per double sided page – ex vat & printing , incl agency commission
- We cover all major events on the South African industry calendar. This includes:
- ASISA’s Financial Planner Forums (various through the year) – attended by Insurance and Investment Industry representatives (legal, actuarial, intermediary);
- The International Committee for Ins Medicine Conference (ICLAM) – 7th-10th February 2010.
- Insurance Institute of South Africa (IISA) conference. Presence at the conference and full reporting in the issue following the conference. This conference is attended by company representatives and intermediaries, mostly short term;
- Financial Planning Institute Conference. We are the main media partner with a large presence at the conference and thorough reporting after the conference. This will be for representatives of the Life industry including legal, actuarial and financial planners;
- Special conferences and seminars such as Institute of Risk Managers, Institute of Loss Adjusters, Compliance Institute, Ecocentric Conference and other ad hoc conferences are also covered.
- Website: In keeping with our motto “no hype, no speculation – just the facts”, the COVER website (www.cover.co.za) will essentially be a research platform carrying previously published editorial content, research material, surveys and reports from various other relevant financial services industry stakeholders. There are a few ways for industry stakeholders to benefit from exposure on our website:
- Advertise. Non-contract COVER advertisers can take out advertising by contacting email@example.com.
- Submit editorial content for evaluation and publication.
- Inform us of events and developments within your company for inclusion in our events section.
- Newsletter: R1 500 per newsletter. (Reduced rates: 4 = less 10%, 8 = less 15%)
- Special Marketing Newsletter: R5 000 per newsletter.
- Broad acknowledgement of company expertise through publishing of editorial content.
- Publishing of corporate events, corporate social contributions, corporate activity, etc.
- Bellybands, inserts, branded wrappings, etc.
- Campaigns linked to give-aways and competitions.
COVER regularly features companies that wish to showcase themselves to their target market on a more in-depth basis than through normal brand and product advertising. Examples of different Features are available for your information.
- The Editor will firstly discuss the specific needs of the company with the relevant company representatives. Specific individuals will be identified and interviewed, in order to determine the best way to present the company to its intended audience. He will then draft the first version of the feature, which is refined during interaction with the company representatives.
- A lead time of six weeks is needed to ensure good quality and accuracy of the information to be presented.
- The company logo will appear on COVER’s cover.
- Feature details and company logo are printed at the top of the Content pages.
- The feature is professionally designed and the corporate message is professionally drafted in conjunction with company representatives.
- The feature can be printed as a separate brochure, to be used as a marketing and branding tool in different interactions with intermediaries.
Advertising (print & electronic):
Tony van Niekerk
Telephone number: 083 567 0757
For an in-depth overview of COVER, it’s content and subscribers learn more here.