The FIA COVER Short Term Insurance Broking Summit 2017 (#STIBS2017) is confirmed for 17 March 2017 at the SCC, Johannesburg. This full day summit is exclusively tailored for short term insurance brokers.
The 2017 summit – themed “SURVIVE OR THRIVE” – will focus on retaining and building value in short term insurance brokerages. Amongst others, the Summit will add the following value to participants:
- Impart practical knowledge and skills enabling you to convert a ‘good’ business into a truly ‘great’ business.
- Listen to comment on both the operational and regulatory environments that short term brokers operate in;
- Learn how to structure, package and sell the broker value proposition to the consumer;
- Find out how to successfully expand into specialist commercial insurance lines;
- Network with 500 plus short term insurance brokers discussing business opportunities and sharing experience.
Some of our exciting speakers:
- Professor Nick Binnedel, the dynamic business strategist and founder of the highly successful Gordon Institute of Business Science will share his experience in taking a business from Good to Great.
- Michael Duncan, MD of Marsh Africa Operations, sharing his thoughts on the real role of the future broker and what it will take to stay relevant.
- Dr Roeloff Botha, renowned economist and business strategist will share his thoughts on economic prospects and hurdles facing business and consumers over the next few years.
- Simon Carpenter, Chief Technology Officer, SAP, will discuss the impact of innovation and digital transformation on the broker’s strategy.
- A panel of influential brokers and broker stakeholders sharing thoughts and experience on practice growth in a challenging economic environment
- Benefitting from changing consumer needs and behaviour – a varied panel of expert commentators
This exciting broker event, at only R1350 for non-members and R1050 for FIA members, is a must for 2017
What makes the Short Term Insurance Broking Summit different?
- The summit content is aimed specifically at brokers and at addressing their unique needs.
- Delegates will benefit from a first class presenter line up that will tackle issues relevant to the short term broker, combined with interactive panel discussions where these issues can be debated.
- Delegates at the summit will have the opportunity to meet and discuss issues that affect their unique business with service and product providers as well as attend presentations and debates about issues that are critical to their business’ sustainability.
- The summit will create an informal networking area to allow sponsors and delegates to interact during the intermissions and in the run-up to the event.
Auto & General
Experience greater success
There is a saying that experience is the best teacher – it is only by applying the lessons we learn over time that we are able to refine the way we do things to near-perfection
Partnering for the Long Term
The landscape of insurance is quickly evolving, and keeping up with the pace of change is a constant challenge for brokers, UMAs and insurers alike
Sasria SOC Ltd in the Intermediary World
Sasria SOC Limited is proud to be associated with the FIA Broker Summit. This being our second year of involvement, we are excited about the upcoming Summit. This platform will allow us valuable engagement with you our stakeholders – the intermediary
Oakhurst - We Really Care, We Deliver
Oakhurst Insurance have forged many mutually beneficial partnerships with brokers and underwriting managers over the years, with a view of maximising both their and our potential in our respective specialised areas of expertise
Positioning brokers to thrive in uncertain times
In a constantly changing economic landscape, there is an increasing need for brokers to prove the value of their financial advice and subsequent fees
Hollard and Brokers A better future together
Hollard’s purpose is to enable more people to create and secure a better future. We do this both for and through our wonderful broker partners
Mutual & Federal
Supporting brokers to thrive in uncertainty
Intermediaries continue to play a valuable role in supporting insurance customers with appropriate advice and customised solutions. This is why they remain the cornerstone of Mutual & Federal’s service offering
Santam sponsors Broking Summit
As a sponsor of the annual FIA - COVER Short-term Insurance Broking Summit, Santam once again join hands with the FIA to bring you an event which will equip today’s intermediary with knowledge & guidance on how to thrive as professionals in an evolving insurance market
View the 2017 Speaker line up below
Dr. Roelof Botha
The economic world your brokerage trades in
Ms. Liza Kok
Marketing to the consumer of the future
Mr. Peter Koen
Crafting experiences to connect with 21st Century customers
Ms. Debbie Holroyd
How to grow premium and income
Prof Nick Binedell
Taking your practice from ‘good’ to ‘great’
Mr. Michael Duncan
What does the future hold for insurance brokers
2016 Broking Summit Presentations
Gideon Galloway - How to stand out in a crowded space
Justin Naylor - Past, Present, Future
Nic De Maesschalck - World view: Global trends in intermediated distribution
Nick Binedell - South Africa: Born out of innovation & disruption
Jonathan Rosenberg - Surviving in a 'disrupted' insurance environment
Nicolaas Kruger - Creating an organisational ‘culture’ for innovation to thrive in
A panel debate - Women In Insurance Panel
A panel debate - Personal-lines-showdown