Eight contenders chosen for second round of the FPI Financial Planner of the Year Award
Congratulations to our top eight entrants who have successfully advanced to the second round of this year’s FPI Financial Planner of the Year Award.
- Craig Torr, CFP® – Crue Invest (Pty) Ltd in Pinelands
- Dirk Groeneveld, CFP® – Client Care in Port Elizabeth
- Francois Le Roux, CFP® – Private Wealth Management in Pretoria
- Janet Hugo, CFP® – Sterling Private Clients in Johannesburg
- Melony Jacoby, CFP® – Mvest Finance in Durban
- Mark MacSymon, CFP® – Private Client Holdings in Cape Town
- Lisa Hudson – Peacock, CFP®- Southwood Financial Planning in Tokia
- Thayn Niemand,CFP® – Verso Wealth (Pty) Ltd in East London
To proceed to round two, entrants had to submit a portfolio of evidence which contained a detailed, holistic financial plan based on the FPI Financial Plan Guide, as well as any supporting documentation relevant to the financial plan. Scoring was based on the six-step financial planning process and the documentation as evidence in the client’s file.
In round, two currently underway, each of the eight entrants will have a panel site visit by the judges where their practices will be assessed on all aspects of compliance, practice management, as well as all client documentation and financial planning processes. The financial plan submitted in round one will be authenticated during the site visits.
The award honours the top CFP® professional in the industry and also recognises outstanding professional financial planners from across South Africa. It is a members’ opportunity to demonstrate innovation, professionalism and commitment to their clients and to the industry.
From the site visit scoring, the top three finalists will be chosen to go to round three where they will be required to present to a panel on a selected topic and questioned on a variety of industry trends, topics, technical information and legislative changes. Round three of the competition will be held in August at the FPI offices in Johannesburg.
The winner of the FPI Financial Planner of the Year is awarded prizes to the value of R 40 000, plus an estimated publicity value (advertising value equivalent) of nearly R 10 000 000.00.
- The FPI Financial Planner of the Year trophy and a certificate.
- Appointed as the FPI and CFP® professional brand ambassador and receives the necessary media and other training to perform the role of FPI’s media spokesperson.
- Profiled in the FPI magazine post-convention issue, FPI website and other industry media, as well as receiving benefit from ongoing significant exposure in the media during the year.
- A return economy air ticket and attendance costs to attend an international financial planning conference of the winner’s choice (excluding accommodation and VISA costs).
- Free attendance at one FPI Professionals Convention (excluding travel and accommodation costs).
- A complimentary ticket (+1) to the FPI Awards Ceremony Gala Dinner taking place on the evening of 19 October 2017 in Cape Town.
We wish all the above listed entrants everything of the best for round two!