Did you know that the definition of a profession is: “a group of people who collectively possess a body of knowledge and a repertoire of behaviours and skills which are not possessed or upheld by the non-professional”
Well, technically speaking, this is only part of the definition, with others being that professionals are defined as being subject to strict codes of conduct and enshrining rigorous ethical and moral obligations.
The professional standards or processes that must be followed for a particular field are typically agreed upon and maintained through widely recognised professional associations. For example, CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER® professionals® subscribe to the FPI Code of Ethics and Practice Standards, which detail the professional standards required of members.
Join Mark MacSymon, CFP® professional and 2017 FPI Financial Planner of the Year at our Practice Standards Workshop in March, where he will:
1. Provide a practical perspective on the FPI Practice Standards;
2. Unpack how to use the FPI Practice Standards as a guide for your business; and
3. Explain why upholding these standards is critical for the advancement of the financial planning profession in South Africa.
Event to be held in:
Cape Town: 7th March 2018, Lord Charles Hotel (Somerset West)
Durban: 8th March 2018, Coastlands Convention Centre (Umhlanga)
Johannesburg: 9th March 2018, Midrand Conference Centre (Midrand)
Other topics to be covered during this workshop are:
• How to mitigate your legal risk with FPI Practice Standards with Wessell Oosthuizen, CFP®
• Conversion to a fee-based practice with Craig Gradidge, CFP®