We are proud to announce the launch of the 2018 IRMSA Awards Programme.
This programme aims to acknowledge, encourage and celebrate excellence within the risk management industry.
At our Annual Gala Dinner and Awards Ceremony, that will be taking place on 9 November 2018, we recognise and reward South Africa’s top Risk Management professionals who have made a significant contribution as well as the best risk management initiatives within different industries.
Each year the Review Panel revises the criteria and processes, to ensure that the IRMSA Awards Programme is both relevant and user-friendly. The following changes have therefore been introduced:
As part of the strategy to grow risk management in other African countries, we are thrilled to introduce a new category, the Africa Risk Management Award, to acknowledge risk management in the remainder of the continent.
The Industry Awards have also been expanded and are not only restricted to projects within an organisation but allow for submissions that affect the industry or the country. There are many initiatives that have been created to address the risks identified in the Risk Report that impact the objectives of the National Development Plan being achieved. It is important to raise awareness of such ventures that are of benefit to the country as a whole.
The Government and Public Services Industry category will be split into three, namely Local, Provincial and National to accommodate the different tiers in the Public Sector.
Click here to download a PDF of the nomination criteria.
We invite you to submit a nomination in one of the following categories: Individual Awards
Risk Manager of the Year (all industries)
- Candidate should hold an Executive Risk Management position
- Candidate must clearly demonstrate how they have had an impact on Risk Management within their Organisation or the Risk Management Industry
- Candidate must have a good standing or reputation in the Risk Management fraternity
Risk Specialist of the Year (all industries)
- Candidate should hold a senior Risk Management position and may have completed Board Exam 1
- Candidate should have more than 5 years’ experience in the Risk Management industry (can have a wealth of experience in other fields)
- Candidate should show great potential of being a future Chief Risk Officer
Up and Coming Risk Manager of the Year (all industries)
- Candidate should have 3-5 years’ experience in the Risk Management Industry (Can have a wealth of experience in other fields)
- Candidate must clearly demonstrate how they have made an impact on the Risk Management processes within their organisation
- Candidate should show great potential of being a future IRMSA Risk Manager of the Year
Risk Influencer of the year
- Candidate should hold an Executive position, that does not necessarily need to be in the Risk Management Department
- Candidate must clearly demonstrate how they have influenced the Risk Management Industry and Business Landscape
- Candidate should show great thought leadership and influence during challenging times
Africa Risk Management Award
- Candidate should have more than 5 years experience in the Risk Management Industry (Can have a wealth of experience in other fields)
- Candidate must hold a senior position within their organisation and may have completed Board Exam 1
- Candidate should show great potential of being a future Chief Risk Officer / Head of Risk / Senior Risk Manager
- Candidate must be an Individual Member, Corporate Member or Corporate Member Employee.
- Candidate must have lived in an African country for the past 12 months prior to date of submission
Industry Specific Risk Initiative Awards
- Project or initiative should have been completed in the past 18 months
- Nomination should demonstrate the impact and effect on the Organisation or Risk Management Industry
- Nomination should demonstrate best practice within the Risk Management Industry
- Classify the nomination according to the industry category relevant to the nominee’s core business.
The Industry categories are as follows:
- Agriculture, Forestry and Fishing
- Communications and Technology
- Energy, Water and Utilities
- Engineering and Construction
- Financial Services
- Government and Public Services – Local, Provincial, National
- Hospitality and Tourism
- Insurance and Reinsurance
- Mining and Quarrying
- Petrochemicals, Oil and Gas
- Professional Services, Training Providers, Consultants and Auditors
- Risk Management System Providers
- Transport and Logistics
- Wholesale and Retail
SUBMIT YOUR NOMINATIONS HERE:
Note: We suggest collecting all necessary information required prior to completing the online nomination.
2018 Risk Manager of the Year
2018 Risk Specialist of the Year
2018 Up and Coming Risk Manager of the Year
2018 Risk Influencer of the Year
*2018 Africa Risk Management
2018 Industry Award
Nominations end date extended till Monday 24 September 2018